We are excited to announce a very special contest!
As you may know, I'm slightly obsessed with quilts. Over the past year, I've been working on a few large paper quilts. On May 20, we are launching an exciting quilt-inspired project at the National Stationery Show. To celebrate this launch, we are doing an L&H Paper Quilt Contest where the winner will be the very first person to receive this new work - just a week after it debuts at the NSS! (And ahem, it’s a $250+ retail value!)
Here’s the deal: We give you 200 pieces of L&H misprinted & overstock cards. You create a paper quilt with this paper & submit a photo of it. We choose a winner! Our hope is that 1) we get to see some great paper quilts & that you enjoy the paper quilt-making process, 2) we provide you enough material to have leftover cards to keep for your own personal use, and 3) this becomes a beautiful way to recycle our cards!
To enter, please read the full details at the bottom of this post.
And, while we don't want to reveal too much at this point, we do want to show you what you're working for - so below is a super sneak peek at what the lucky winner will receive: (note the paper clips for scale - large paper clips, I should add. This piece is a big one!)
Contest rules below
How to enter the Linda & Harriett Paper Quilt Contest:
1) Email us ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) with your name & shipping address by Monday, May 7 at midnight. (In emailing us your address, you agree to submit work & follow these contest guidelines.)
2) We send you 200 pieces of L&H paper goods. This is a varied group of cards. You do not get to choose what you get.
3) You have the option of adding one additional medium to the quilt. This can be a drawing, a photo, fabric, etc. This additional medium should be an accent piece, not the majority medium for the quilt.
4) The final dimensions of the quilt should be 20” x 20”.
5) The quilt pattern can be a traditional pattern, one you create, or have no real pattern to it at all. You decide.
6) Email a photo of your paper quilt by Friday, May 25 to email@example.com
7) We would like to feature all submitted quilts on this blog, so please let us know if you would prefer not to be featured, featured anonymously, or featured & credited with a specific name. If you do not specify, we will assume that we can feature your quilt and use your first name as credit.
8) The winner will be announced on Friday May 31!
Please note that we have a limited supply of cards. Requests for entries are first come, first serve.