Monday, January 7, 2013

Griffin's Thank You Notes


I try to be good at writing thank you notes, but sometimes, my good intentions are derailed by my forgetfulness - like straight up forgetting (terrible) or finding an addressed envelope in my purse weeks later (more than once, sadly!) or where did I put those stamps? or did I write that person already? Not great. 

But when it comes to Griffin's thank you notes, I try even harder. Christmas Eve with my family was such a rush of present-opening amongst the 8 young kids, that it was nearly impossible for gratitude to sink in. So, the thank you note writing for us seems all the more important for times like that. And even at 2 years old, Griffin knows that we're writing our thank you notes. Okay, so the only thing he knows is that he's sitting down & drawing circles and Mommy's talking to him & writing something. But, so far, it's been a time when we're able to pause & talk about the people we're writing to & what gifts we're thanking them for. Even if he only gets it for these short moments, I'm pretty determined to make this a habit for him. Of course for now, Mommy will still need to find the stamps & actually get the envelope out of her purse and into the mailbox :)

1 comment:

Maggie said...

We do the same thing! I think it's even sinking in a little. As long as it's a joyful task, I think we're all heading in the right direction. Fortunately, the key is not that the cards look a certain way, just that they happen! Happy new year!