Monday, December 1, 2008

IM in Training: FINISHERS!





I could not believe it the day after, and I still cannot believe it a week later. For the past seven months, John & I have been training six days a week for anywhere from one to five hours a day. It was easy at first and progressively got harder as the volume increased. We turned down dinners, concerts, weekends away, countless beers, our dog got pudgy, we woke up before the sun, we ate whatever we wanted and were cranky when we couldn't, we trained in the summer heat and the cold mornings of early fall. We did it to prove to ourselves that we could. And we did. We crossed the line when all bodily signs pointed towards stop/rest/quit/sit. John said it was the most humbling experience of his life. I could not agree more.

[photos by Lizzy]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you two! You're like super-heroes or something.

Anonymous said...

Aww...your dog got pudgy..I can picture it. Congrats on the Ironman. Now it's your turn to get pudgy. :0) marie-isabelle

Tommy said...

It's so great to work for something that long and the see it pay off. Way to go!!

Joanna Goddard said...

oh my goodness, congratulations. AMAZING.

southern daze said...

The pictures are fantastic and I really appreciate you sharing them with us. I'm fairly certain I'll never be at an Ironman competition so it was nice to see an "inside view."

Your emotion jumps right off the page! Congratulations on completing something you worked SO hard to attain and for proving you can do anything you set your mind to. Bravo!!