Thursday, October 21, 2010

Have a Wonderful Fall Weekend !

I figure by now you must be missing L&H sneak peeks and new products. Yesterday I started digging around some boxes of mine for vintage pieces that might be fun to see. In doing so I came across this (bad) print I had taken + developed in College, from when Liz visited me on a beautiful fall weekend my senior year, and we had gone apple picking. It was sunny and crisp and Maine. Bliss :). And we had come home and had a dinner party for a friend's birthday in our big old (decaying) Victorian home -- complete with cored baby apples as tea candle votives, and a college favorite -- share your knife with your neighbor (cause we don't own enough !).

A perfect fall weekend, and this weekend feels like it could be very similar for all you fall dwelling folk. For an unknown reason I wrote a Virginia Woolf quote around the apple tree print. I don't think there was any assignment or motive, except that clearly the image + text matched in their innocence. I just adore Virginia Woolf so I'll leave you with her quote + Hope you have a fantastic, and carefree, and sunshine filled weekend.

"A ten penny tea set made Cam happy for days. She heard them stamping and crowing on the floor above her head the moment they woke. They came bustling along the passage. Then the door sprang open and in they came, fresh as roses, staring, wide awake, as if this coming into the dining room after breakfast, which they did everyday of their lives, was a positive event on them, and so on, with one thing after another, all day long, until she went up to say goodnight to them, and found them netted in their cots like birds among cherries and raspberries, still making up stories about some bit of rubbish--something they had heard, something they had picked up in the garden. They had all their little treasures...And so she went down to her husband and said, why must they grow up and lose it all ? Never will they be so happy again."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a good weekend too,Please pass onto Liz and John and Griffin a big hello for me. A.Lorraine

Tommy said...

Perfect quote. I'm off to a weenie roast tomorrow night. Hopefully it won't be 70 degrees outside. :)

Katie said...

I miss every moment of that big old victorian house and our Sunday night family dinners. You are a fantastic guest blogger. Miss you always but love getting to hear your voice every day via blog. 21-great.

wedding invitation kits said...

What a cool vintage picture. I love the fall season and this just throws you back to old days of past.

Meg said...

Lizzy, thought of you when I read this... http://absolutelybeautifulthings.blogspot.com/2010/10/black-spiro-today.html