Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Inside, Please.

It's rainy + grey out. Which makes me want to be cozy inside. Have you ever stayed at an Ace Hotel ? I haven't, but I love the Lobby in the one up the street from me. And I just love this shot of the Portland edition above. Such simple things = such an interesting design. Hospital cornered blankets + photo shoot lights ? Pennies become infinite coolness.

There is a great article in a recent NY Mag about the design team Roman + Williams, + their journey from being no one to being the city's authority on Hipster/Vintage cool. If you live in NYC and haven't visited the Ace Lobby, go get a coffee at Stumptown, a drink at The Breslin, or a sandwich at the No. 7 Sub Shop. Also exciting is that The John Dory is reopening as an Oyster Bar at this 29th Street location. YUM. (As you can see The Ace is more than just a pretty face). Stay dry today !

[Photos courtesy of Remodelista + NYMag]

2 comments:

Tommy said...

Awesome room at the Ace! I love the blanket and lighting situation.

About Lizzy :: said...

I know, right Tommy ? Like it definitely doesn't matter that you may or may not be able to touch both walls while lying in bed ... It's that good looking. Ill take that wall too :).