Friday, July 23, 2010

From the Desk Fridays: Paper Quilting

I've always loved how patterns come together in quilts - the way they butt up against each other, stopping suddenly, yet create a flow to the entire piece. For years, we've been collecting our letterpress misprints in large bins to reuse for projects. Mostly, I use them for gift tags, quick cards and thank you notes for online orders. Lately, I've been pulling my favorite patterns & loosely scattering them about the work table to consider for paper quilts. I love the idea of framing several small paper quilts - maybe in antique frames - and then clustering them on a wall. I also love the idea of a huge one - like 3' x 3' - in a simple clean frame - to act as a real focal piece. Because these would take a good amount of time, I think I need to start before the baby comes! (Just add it to the list!) And maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to make some for a monthly project.

Happy Weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

A great idea, Liz! Nice to be able to use the ones that don't meet the grade for selling!

P.S. Tried to call again just now, will try again in a bit :)

Tommy said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with.