Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Flying Quietly


In high school, we had to give a "senior assembly" where we'd give a 10 minute speech on any subject of our choosing. Having just had a horrible plane experience, I gave mine on fear of flying. To this day, I am haunted by that flight over 10 years ago when the oxygen masks fell as the plane tried to stablize its cabin pressure and the flight attendants cried. It was a total nightmare - and most of the time, flying to me still is. I've tried many methods to try to calm my nerves - but nothing has worked quite as well as these noise-cancellation headphones. John got them for me recently (probably to save his arm from being squeezed off), and they have made all the difference in the world. While I wouldn't call the skies "friendly" with these puppies on, and sure, I kinda look like the pilot in them, I cannot imagine ever flying again without them. They aren't cheap, but if you're a bad flyer too, do your aisle a favor and pick some up.

No comments: