Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Present Moment


It's been a cool month since I've brought up Oprah - so here we go again.

I'm reading her latest best book ever - A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle - and I thought I'd share a passage that I dog-eared. (Click the image for a larger view.)

I was up working late last night when I mentioned to a friend that I was nervous about getting everything done before we leave tomorrow - and she said, "just remember that life happens when you're busy making other plans." And as Tolle says, when you're trying to get somewhere in the future "you are never fully here because you are always busy trying to get elsewhere."

So my little mantra these days is all about presence - being okay with what is happening now.

If you don't know of A New Earth, I'd highly recommend reading it. Oprah also conducts a super duper world wide "classroom" with Tolle on her website. She may sing her praises too loud and too deep, but she's got something here.

No comments: