Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wallpaper City Guide - and Hand

For our trip, I bought the Cape Town Wallpaper City Guide. I had never bought one of these guide books before - but I'm positive it's the prettiest guide book I've ever seen - and had some good little spots for us to check out.



One noteable place was this cool shop/cafe/hair salon called Hand. I was immediately drawn to these outline drawings everywhere. What a simple, non-cluttery and effective way to display the pieces for sale. I was pushing for John to get a hair cut so we could stay longer. He didn't go for it. :(

If you're planning a trip to one of the 60 featured cities, I'd highly recommend picking up one of these little books - if not for its highly selective list of hot spots, then for a visual break from the other bigger, heavier and uglier guide book you'll be lugging around. Check out the list of cities here.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love the City Guide books and I think they are coming out with a number of new cities this year too.