Monday, April 27, 2009

ACS: The Official Sponsor of Birthdays



The American Cancer Society has rebranded themselves three times in over 100 years of existence. Last week they rolled out their latest, as The Official Sponsor of Birthdays. I would imagine all of us have been affected by cancer in some way - perhaps not directly - but nonetheless affected. I got the chills watching this ad. It tapped something so real in me. I've always celebrated my birthday with my dad since his birthday is the day before mine. We now even call it Birthday Weekend where my whole family gets together for it. It's one of my favorite weekends of the year, being able to celebrate with my dad and now my nephew who was born on my birthday. I love great branding - but even more when it's for something so very real. Find out more here.

1 comment:

Tommy said...

What an excellent post. I agree that everyone's life has been touched in some way by cancer. This is a great re-branding; thanks for sharing.