Thursday, July 17, 2008

Birthday Ride

Yesterday, John tells me I have "an appointment" at 9:30am. I thought I was getting an early-birthday gift of a pedicure - something I've been wanting to do for 2 months! (and really need) - but no, I find out just before "the appointment" that I am getting my bike fitted. (For those who may not know, bike fitting is essential if you're doing long rides, and the appointments take hours. I got John a bike fitting for Christmas - it was a big hit, apparently. It's all in the fit, as I'm learning.) So, we show up for this fitting with my bike, and John takes out a party horn and says Happy Early Birthday! I'm looking around without a clue as to what he's talking about. And there, sitting in the fitting room is a brand new Tour de France-looking bike. I was in complete shock. Still am. This bike is way too fancy for me. But the woman who fitted me said my old bike was "a tank", so I guess it was time. So today, on my first day of my 28th year, we're doing our long ride of the week - on my super duper non-tank bike! I've never been more excited about not getting a pedicure.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Fun! Happy Birthday!

tracie said...

SO cool, on so many levels ... a supportive husband, an awesome new ride, a great 28th day, and a birthday ride to boot!

my guess is you'll get that pedicure after the finish line! keep going strong ...