Friday, July 25, 2008

Wedding Gift for Years to Come



My brother in law recently came up with the best wedding gift I've ever heard of - and not because he asked me to help with the design part. He is giving his friends five bottles of wine as their wedding gift with the intention that each bottle be opened on special anniversaries - first year, second year, fifth year, tenth year and first child. He has selected the wine based on these years and asked me to come up with the tags to go on them. I was really excited about this and really happy with what I came up with - a citron color zig zag on 2ply cotton paper and hand-stamped navy numbers - love the plus one tag (good one, John)! I didn't want it to be too girly or too complicated in design. And they needed to be small enough to fit in a wine fridge but big enough that he could write a personal message on the back. I think this is such a fantastic and thoughtful gift. I may just have to use it myself. Thanks, Joe!

Update: A little more info on the wines... He wanted to the wines to come from all different regions. He did champagne for year 1, then a Spanish wine for year 2, age-appropriate wines from Argentina and I think California for 5 & 10 and since his friend is Hungarian, he went with a popular Hungarian dessert wine for the "+1" (first child) bottle. Great gift.

12 comments:

Jane said...

great, great, great idea (and love the citron zig zags!) i may have to co-opt this idea .....

Angie McCullagh said...

Love the tag design! Love the gift Idea too. But wouldn't that get quite pricey?

Katie said...

Love this. love love love

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. Those are so fabulous!!!!

Lisa said...

Any idea of what wines he chose? Great idea and very cute tags!

southern daze said...

What an awesome idea! So very clever and I'm sure the recipients will love it as much as we all do. And the tags are fantastic (love the citron zig zags)!! You never fail to come up with amazing products!

Liz Libré said...

Clearly I'm not alone in thinking this is the best idea ever. I will try to find out more on the wines.

72 and sunny said...

love this idea. so clever and thoughtful. great wine needn't be pricey....for the record.

cevd said...

that is the best idea ever! i love the red striped ribbon and citron zig zags, what a great combination.

amy turn sharp said...

This is gorgeous and fabulous!

zakkalife said...

what a great idea, very clever

I ♥ You said...

this is the coolest idea ever. very creative and well executed!