Monday, August 4, 2008

Ironman In Training: with Camera




I never really got the whole bike jersey thing. I understand the fitted element. Less flapping. Got it. But does it really matter if the waistband and arm sleeves have elastic? And do you need a zipper in the front? Is this uncomfortable aerodynamic clothing design going to make me any faster? No. No way. But I wear it anyway. Partly to look the part:) And partly because, okay, I do hope it gives me wings. The one aspect of the bike jersey that I really like - is the back pocket. I decided to bring my camera with me on our long ride up to Nyack yesterday - and with relative ease, I was able to reach around and grab it on the go. It probably wasn't within the code of Bike Safety 101, but I was so happy to finally be able to capture our ride like this. And how great is this rainbow welcoming us back to our borough?

Photos: Riding through Nyack. View from the GW Bridge. View from the Manhattan side of the Brooklyn Bridge.

1 comment:

tracie said...

although i don't own a biking shirt, i'm a huge fan and always wished i was cool enough to wear one! i think doing an ironman qualifies as cool! :)

love the photos {especially the rainbow} and look forward to your monday updates! i admit, i'm living vicariously though your experience. :)

stay strong!