Friday, August 6, 2010

From the Desk Fridays: The Three Crowns

We're headed upstate this weekend to my in-law's house to celebrate my mother in law's 70th birthday. (She & I share a birthday, and together, we're 100 this year!) We're having a big family-of-24 cookout on Saturday night, so I thought it would be fun (and a bit fancy) to make place "cards" for everyone, as well as something that my mother in law could keep as a momento of the gathering. Since she is Swedish, I decided to use a national emblem of Sweden - the Three Crowns. I screenprinted notebooks for the kids' place cards (below), muslin for the tops of the pickle jars for the adults, and white cotton napkins for everyone to use and for my mother in law to keep. I'm excited to see how they all look on the table!

I'll try to take some more photos of the weekend festivities to share on Tuesday, when I'm back.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is such a cute idea!