Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Warmer Side of West Elm

I was flipping through the latest West Elm catalog last night & was pleasantly surprised to see warm tones & styling throughout. I had heard through the grapevine that this change was coming to the sleek shop, but this was the first time I had seen it in their catalog. This image above made me smile - and to me, was the most noticeable example of this warmer, softer feel - the birthday celebration scene, left early to go play board games or take the coffee over to the couch.
Touches like these wooden boxes, framed silhouette, and red wall make this industrial lamp seem less sterile & more friendly. Little things like this definitely make a difference to me in terms of picturing them in my home - a place I want nothing more than to feel warm & cozy.

Well done, West Elm.

[images courtesy of West Elm]

3 comments:

About Lizzy :: said...

AND West Elm is killing it in the market, while Williams Sonoma holds on for dear life ...

Tommy said...

Isn't it great?! I tried that gray pendant fixture in my bedroom, but it is massive! Also, I have my eye on that lamp. Nice picks, Liz.

KellyRobin said...

I've always been a WE fan, but, as you said, this new catalog makes it so much easier to visualize the items in my own space. If you live near a West Elm store, I highly recommend a walk through there, too. The rooms are even more gorgeous in person. And, there are paint cans filled with fabric swatches and such. Nothing but love for this switch.