Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Blogging at the Met


One of my New Years resolutions is to love New York City a little more. Get out and see and do more. We live here, for goodness sake! and I can't tell you the last time I was at the Met or the Whitney or walked through Central Park.

So, in looking up the current exhibitions at the Met, I came across this very interesting one: blogmode: addressing fashion. The exhibition shows some forty costumes and accessories dating from the eighteenth century to the present and invites visitors to share their reactions online or from a "blogbar" of computer terminals in the exhibition galleries. Some of these images are not to be believed. I'm definitely checking this one out! See a bit for yourself here. The exhibit runs through April 13.

[photo courtesy of the Met; Olivier Theyskens for Nina Ricci]

No comments: