Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Calligraphy Spotlight




I've been hunting for a calligrapher recently and have come across some pretty stunning stuff. The first one is by Maybelle Imasa-Stukuls, who's work you have probably seen in Martha Stewart Weddings, where she has been featured many times. And for good reason - her work is simply beautiful. The second is by Tracy Joe, based out of Oakland, CA. And the third I found on Brooklyn Bride - who recently had her invitations addressed by Betsy Dunlap. I am more in love with calligraphy after this search than I ever thought I would be. Oh how I wish my hand would move like Betsy's!

ps - if you're in the Brooklyn/NYC area and need some wedding resources, Brooklyn Brides's got a ton of em on her blog, along with some great personal wedding bits. Great blog, Vane!

2 comments:

Vane said...

thanks liz. ps. my friends loved the calendars i bought from you for xmas....

Alicia said...

Oh those maps that Maybelle does are amazing - I always exclaim over those when I see them. My Mom did some calligraphy back in the day - it really is an incredibly beautiful art form!