Monday, January 28, 2008

The L&H Wedding Album


After thinking about it long and hard, writing down and re-writing down the pros and cons, and sketching out the costs in Excel, we've decided to come out with a letterpress wedding invitation album. This is a huge step for us - and one I feel very good about.

For those who don't know the story, I started doing invitations a couple of years ago and hand-stamped everything myself. I worked with brides one on one to develop a design, then had a rubber stamp (or many) made specifically for that couple's invitation set. While I loved (and still do enjoy and appreciate) the immediacy of rubber-stamping, I longed for the impression in the paper that letterpress offered. When I launched my line of letterpress note cards last year, I began to think about doing letterpress invitations, but held off for some time because I was not comfortable giving up the stamping.

But that changed when I noticed my strong affection for letterpress, the petting that goes on when a new piece is done, and really how perfectly letterpress matches wedding invitations - the best quality printing process (in my opinion) and the most special day of two people's lives.

This Bloom invitation above is an adaptation of one of my hand-stamped invitations that actually appeared in last October/November's issue of Modern Bride. It'll be one of our invitations in our wedding album we hope to debut this spring.

Stay tuned...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you on Thursday and see some of your samples!! -Kel

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I picked up a Country Home at Powell's the other night and saw one of your lovely cards in there:)

Lizzy and Shannon said...

good call xo

Anonymous said...

That invitation was the reason I became a fan--I wish I would have known about it for my wedding!

Liz Libré said...

Thanks everyone. This is a BIG step for us. We'll need all the encouraging posts we can get!