Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Saddened By News


I'm feeling some serious pangs over the death of actor Heath Ledger. I first fell in the love with the actor's good looks when he played a bad boy turned good guy in 10 Things I Hate About You. (You know you loved that movie, too.) And then really fell for his serious talent in Brokeback Mountain - a movie that had me crying long after leaving the movie theatre. Then - we became neighbors (dream come true!) when he and Michelle Williams moved into a townhouse about 5 blocks from here. While I never saw him, I have seen Michelle and their daughter Matilda a few times. It just breaks my heart to think of his family who's without him now. So so very sad.

2 comments:

Tommy said...

I agree. It's so shocking when a low-key but loved celebrity dies...especially one so young and with no apparent problems. He was such a gifted young actor. My thoughts are with his family and friends at this time.

Anonymous said...

I am sad about this too. I thought he was such a heart-throb, but more importantly was such an amazing actor.