Friday, January 23, 2009

Introducing Connie


Over the past year and a half, we have been extremely fortunate to have received press without actively seeking it out. I was approached by a few PR reps last year and turned them down for a few reasons: One, we were already getting written up in some of my favorite magazines. Two, it was costly! And three, I didn't think it was necessary. Enter, Connie for Moderne Press. Connie reached out to me last year and we emailed back and forth a bunch - but I was still skeptical about the need to do PR. When we were out in LA in September for the Style Lounge event, we met up with her over coffee. She handed us a proposal and it didn't take me long to realize that we did in fact need her. It was a gut reaction, I have to say. She is unbelievably organized, thorough and a real "go-getter" (the thing I love most about her) - and I knew this within minutes of meeting with her. So needlesstosay, we hired her and haven't looked back since or regretted a penny. She's opened my eyes to a whole new world I didn't know to be "PR" and I am grateful and thankful to have such a driving force on board to help get our little name out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love connie!