Friday, March 26, 2010

The Little Prince

I'm leaving town this morning to attend a memorial service. And while it's a bit more somber in tone to my usual posts, I thought I would share this quote that was shared with me & gave me comfort, and one that I've shared with others during times of loss.

"And at night you will look up at the stars. Where I live everything is so small that I cannot show you where my star is to be found. It is better, like that. My star will just be one of the stars, for you. And so you will love to watch all the stars in the heavens... they will all be your friends… In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing, when you look at the sky at night." – Antoine de Saint-Exupery (The Little Prince)

2 comments:

alexkeller said...

i'm so sorry, Liz. and it is a wonderful book with many wonderful things.

love-v said...

This is one of my favorite passages from the book. Both somber but comforting at the same time. Thank you for reminding me of it.