Monday, January 31, 2011

Handmade in Brooklyn


I've been down on Brooklyn these days.  And it's not fair.  It's really just the weather.  I can't take these weekly snowstorms & I end up blaming Brooklyn.  But one thing I will always love about living here, in snow or sun, is that motivated, creative, driven, & talented people are all around me.  Even hanging out at my favorite local coffee shop.  I met Dan of Handmade in Brooklyn over the weekend at Blue Sky Bakery when the owner introduced us.  I love his seemingly happenstance but deliberate style.  His Old Typewriter print immediately jumped out at me.  For something that produces something so linear, it's nice to see it looking a little wonky.  And I love the light & happy Pink Flowers print, below - the sweet sign of warm things to come:)


See more of Dan's work here.

1 comment:

Tommy said...

Awesomeness! I love his green tree T-shirt. :) Umm...sidenote: that bakery might just sound delightful, too. Should I put it on the list for my hope-to-goodness-it's-this-year trip to New York? :)