Friday, January 8, 2010

From the Desk Fridays: Lone Star





Instead of sharing work on my desk this From the Desk Friday morning, I'm going to share work on my desktop. I've been doing a little research on quilts & quilting patterns for a few weeks now in preparation for something we'll be giving away at the Style Lounge out at Sundance. I have three quilts from my mom's family (Aunt Lorraine, maybe you know where they came from?) and I rotate them on our bed. They make our bedroom seem like a little sancuary. Maybe that has more to do with the comforting memory of my mom than with the actual quilted fabric. But whichever it is, I like it. And I'm excited for this little project. Each time I look for patterns, I have gone back to this same Lone Star design. For this project in particular, I really like the one central image. Loving it in wood, too:



Before we leave for Utah, I'll be sure to share the final product. Until then, I'm going to get back to work on this.

Have a great weekend!

[images, from top to bottom, courtesy of Quilts Today, Boise Art Museum, Texas Quilt Appraiser, Sheboygan County Quilt Show, Prairie Wood Quilts & Wood Mosaics.

1 comment:

Tommy said...

This is really nice, Liz. There's nothing like a good, reliable blanket. I can't wait to see what you're working on.