Friday, November 14, 2008

Artist Julie Goldstein




We went to a show for artist Julie Goldstein in DUMBO last night. Julie lives & works on Long Beach Island, New Jersey, which is a definite source of inspiration for her work - with her earlier Brooklyn days added to the mix. She has recently started a line of Perfect clothing (the t-shirts are hands down my favorite and most comfortable ones I own) and is now using a lot of textiles in her work. I love the layering of materials - from the lace & upholstry to her woodblock prints to the metal nail heads. The combination is just perfectly tactile - something I'd love to have hanging in my beach-side bungalow - or even here in Brooklyn to remind me of warmer sunny days on the beach. See more of Julie's work here and her Pine Surf Shop here.

No comments: