Tuesday, June 8, 2010

About Town: pop bar

One of my favorite things about living in New York is how things constantly change. Buildings go up, go down, streets close, stores open, restaurants open, lines form around the block for both. Even in four years in our little corner of Park Slope, we've seen restaurants & shops come and go. Nothing is static, and something is always new.

I want to start making a concerted effort to explore those somethings new. The new taqueria down the street that was described to me as "La Esquina, but fresher" or the "new pie place on 3rd Ave." We all hear about these new places every day as a New Yorker. So I'm going to start a little part of this blog called About Town, where I go somewhere new - a shop, a restaurant, a park, a museum - anything new, or new to me.

Last night was my first About Town visit to pop bar, a gelato-on-a-stick place in the West Village I had read about a couple months ago. I got strawberry dipped in milk chocolate and man was it gooood! I want to go back to try the other flavors. Banana dipped in milk chocolate? Mango? Mixed Berry? Yum!

I hope you enjoy this little adventure in blogland with me:)

9 comments:

Desiree said...

yum... I would totally live right there in that shop. It looks so scrumptuous.

Beth said...

If there was a place like this in my neighborhood, I'd be there every day!

Tommy said...

I heart this idea, Liz. And gelato on a stick? Ummm...yes!!

Liz Stanley said...

definitely something i miss about new york!

Ann Price said...

I read your blog in the a.m. and by 6 p.m. I was having gelato at popbar! Loved it.

Oh, My Darling said...

Oh wow, this looks amazing! I'm bookmarking this post, so that I remember to go here the next time I'm in NYC.

Liz Libré said...

Ann - I love it! So glad you enjoyed:)

Liz

Erin said...

Wow that gelato looks amazing! I love this concept and have been trying to work on discoveries of my own in portland;) there is just something about NY though. Something magical and new is always around the corner! I'm excited to read about more of your discoveries!

Amanda said...

This looks amazing! Bummed I did not know about it before my visit to NYC back in May.