Monday, October 22, 2007

Learning to Love You More




I heard about this website Learning to Love You More from Julia's blog. Artists Miranda July and Harrell Fletcher post "assignments." "Participants accept an assignment, complete it by following the simple but specific instructions, send in the required report (photograph, text, video, etc), and see their work posted on-line. Like a recipe, meditation practice, or familiar song, the prescriptive nature of these assignments is intended to guide people towards their own experience."

Posted above are a few of my favorites from assignment #63, Make an encouraging banner. First of all, I love the idea of this site. The interactive quality is super cool. But I was really drawn to these banners. I might just have to participate in this one.

No comments: